Quality Healthcare At a Price You Can Afford
Many people earning too much to qualify for a large tax credit are finding themselves priced out of the health insurance market, when even the lowest cost plans may be outside their budget.
After reviewing the various cost sharing programs, we finally found a program that can help healthier people without health insurance or who can no longer afford health insurance. These plans are typically 40 to 50% less expensive than ACA Bronze plans.
It’s important to understand that these plans are NOT health insurance, but they are the closest thing we’ve found.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA or ObamaCare) allowed certain non-profit Health Sharing Ministries to offer healthcare coverage to people that is not ACA compliant.
Trinity HealthShare, Inc covers major services like hospitalization, emergency services and surgery, while Aliera Healthcare handles the first dollar services like doctor visits, preventative care, labs, etc. Aliera Healthcare has been in business since 2011 and keeps 20% of premiums as a reserve for claims.
Aliera’s AlieraCare product provides a single unified interface for its members and here is why we think Aliera is the BEST of the health sharing ministries.
- Coverage for doctor visits, labs, imaging, hospitalization, surgery, etc
- Excellent preventative care and first dollar benefits
- National PHCS MultiPlan PPO network with 1 million in-network providers
- Direct payments to providers from escrow account
- Outstanding member services and online tools
- Open to people of all faiths (no letter from a Pastor required)
- Coverage is guaranteed issue with waiting periods for pre-existing conditions
- No medical exams or complex applications
While AlieraCare works well for many healthy people, if you are taking heart medications, have had cancer or have other serious health issues, you should stick with an ACA compliant health insurance plan, if at all possible.
Who AlieraCare Works Best For:
- People whose incomes are too high to qualify for tax credits
- People unable to afford ACA health plans
- People in good health
- People who need coverage outside of ACA open enrollment and who don’t qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
- People with no history of heart disease or heart medicines in last 24 months
- People with no history of cancer or need of mental health benefits
Want to talk with a licensed professional? Click here for personal assistance with AlieraCare.
Since these plans are not health insurance they can’t use health insurance terminology like deductibles or copays. Here are the terms Aliera uses:
- MSRA or Member Share Responsibility Amount is the amount you pay for major services and then the plan starts paying for 100% of all covered services.
- For services subject to the MSRA, you can get the PPO discounted rate (30 -60% on average) to help you save money, even before you’ve met the MSRA.
- $20 Consult Fees for primary care doctor, pediatrician & OB/GYN office visits.
Convenient Personal Care
Every plan from Aliera includes Telemedicine Services providing the convenience of accessing a doctor 24/7/365, which means less time waiting in doctor’s offices and away from work. About 80% of the time this resolves the issue and they can call in a prescription to your local pharmacy. Otherwise, if you need to see a doctor, you can make it online or call Aliera’s concierge line and they’ll make the arrangements for you.
AlieraCare’s innovative coordinated care approach with a national PPO network that gives access to over one million providers across America. Click here to look up PHCS Multiplan PPO providers. AlieraCare’s plans include first dollar benefits for regular doctor visits and preventative care, as well as coverage for surgery, emergencies and hospitalization.
Aliera Healthcare’s plans provide the security of great medical care at an affordable price. AlieraCare’s cost is generally less than half of non-subsidized ACA Bronze health plans.
AlieraCare Plan Documents
Have a question? Click here for personal assistance with AlieraCare.
AlieraCare is guarantee issue, so they do not decline people based on health and they have a simple online application. However, to keep prices down for new and existing members there are limitations and waiting periods for pre-existing conditions:
- 10 month wait period for maternity (maternity covered on Premium plan only)
- Pre-existing conditions you’ve been treated for or taken medication within 24 months before enrolling are excluded for 2 years.
- Preventative care is covered subject to the normal schedule established by the USPFTF. Annual physicals are covered after 9 months of coverage.
- Mental health care is NOT covered and it’s important to remember that:
- Again, AlieraCare is NOT health insurance. Eligible needs are shared by the members according to the Member Guides (see links above).
- Membership is not a legal binding agreement and does not guarantee or promise that your eligible needs will be shared by the membership. It makes no assumption of risks. If sharing is not possible, you will remain financially liable for unpaid medical bills.
- 20% of AleiraCare premiums are held in reserves for claims.
- By law, Aliera Healthcare undergoes audits annually by an independent accounting firm to ensure financial stability.
Get an Instant Online Quote & Apply Now:
- Know what AlieraCare plan you want? Get a free quote and begin your secure online application with Aliera Healthcare. Please list the oldest family member first and you’ll use your computer mouse to e-sign the application or can do so via text or email.
- We suggest the “Premium” AlieraCare plan with the $5000 MSRA for most clients, as that option provides $500,000 per incident coverage and it starts paying for 100% of covered costs after the $5000 MSRA for each family member.
- Costs typically are 40 to 50% of non-subsidized Bronze ACA health plans
- You may enroll any time of the year, so no open enrollment limitations or qualifying events required for Special Enrollment Periods
While AlieraCare is by far the most popular product due to it’s attractive price and robust set of healthcare benefits, they have some other options including coverage for people who just want surgical and hospital coverage and temporary plans.
Healthshare plans are not offered by insurance companies, but rather by recognized Health Care Sharing Ministries (HCSMs). Because these plans are not insurance, they do not fall under state and federal regulations governing health insurance. Members of HCSMs pay a monthly contribution which goes into an escrow account, and it is that money that is used to pay qualified medical needs.